MODEL DS-39 RISING STICK GAUGE
(FOR TANK TOP LIQUID LEVEL INDICATION)
Model No. DS-39
Magnetically coupled rising stick gauge is designed to provide continuous visual liquid level indication on the cargo tank top. The length of indication is specified when ordering and can include full compartment depth configurations. One meter of indication reflecting the liquid level in the upper one meter of the cargo compartment is typical and fulfills the minimum requirements set forth in 46 CFR 39.20-3 (b) as well as OPA 90 requirements for overfill devices. The tri-colored gauge rod with a powerful magnet at its base is positioned inside a stainless steel pipe extending down from the tank top. A 7” diameter float with powerful magnets inside floats up and down the sealed pipe with changes in the liquid level. Due to the powerful magnetic coupling between the float and the internal gauge rod, they move together providing a continuous visual indication of liquid level on the tank top.When not in use, and with the tri-colored gauge rod lowered within the stainless steel tube, a protective weathercap, with tether, is screwed in place. The operation is fully automatic, but the user must remove the weather cap prior to each use and replace the cap after each use.
- FULL REGULATORY COMPLIANCE
- The Model DS-39 is U.S. Coast Guard accepted.
- It satisfies 46 CFR 39.20 3 (b) as well as OPA 90 regulations for overfill devices and is suitable for use on ABS classed vessels.
- Personnel are not exposed to hazardous cargo vapors on the tank top when using the reliable Model DS-39 Liquid Level Gauge.
- The hazard of overfill spills is greatly reduced when properly using the DS-39.
- EASY INSTALLATION
- Simply bolt the DS-39 to an 8” flanged pipe stand located at or near the geometric center of the cargo compartment.
- The deck opening must be large enough for the 7” dia. float to pass through.
- TIMCO can provide optional prefabricated mounting standpipes, flange gaskets and mounting hardware upon request.
- HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION
- All welded components are 300 series stainless steel.
- Powerful NEODYMIUM No. 38 rod magnets are used to insure superior coupling strength between the CERAMIN #8 float magnet and the tri-colored gauge rod.
- The tri-colored gauge rod, color coded to industry standards, is hermetically sealed by design, to provide extended service life.
Excerpted from Federal Register, 21 Oct “94” 33 CFR Part 155
Minimum Standards For Overfill Devices; Barges
- The Coast Guard will allow the owners and operators of tank barges to select one of three alternatives:
- (1) an overfill alarm on each tank which includes circuitry to sufficiently identify which individual tanks’ overfill system is alarming
- (2) an automatic shutdown system for the entire barge and transfer facility
- (3) a high level indicating device installed on each tank, such as a stick gauge.
- Dual sticks can show full tank depth.
- Threaded mounting bushings, special flanges, and hatch cover mounting arrangements are available.
- Model-DS-39 can be used on slop tanks or fuel tanks.