Charging multiple battery banks without use of diode isolators dictates that the batteries be connected or “integrated” only whenever a charge voltage is present so that they may be charged simultaneously, then disconnected or “isolated” when in use to allow for selective discharge and avoid having the secondary or standby battery drain into the primary battery.
Battery Integrators perform this function automatically, acting as a “smart” switch to connect independent battery banks only when a charging voltage is present. Otherwise, they are isolated, and discharge between banks is prevented.
- Enables charging of two separate banks without voltage drop, yet maintains 100% isolation at all other times. For systems of three banks or more, an additional unit must be installed for each additional bank
- Heavy duty silver-plated contactor, continuous duty rated
- Voltage sense circuit, epoxy encapsulated and heavy duty continuous rated solenoid are all designed for use in marine environments
- 12 volt model has ignition protection rating
- Easy three-wire hook up for two bank systems (BATT +, BATT +, GROUND)
- Terminal for optional wiring of remote light indicating when battery banks are integrated
- Optional internal connection can be wired though key starter or manual over ride switch, tying battery banks together for extra boost during engine start
Models: BI-100; BI-200; BI-24-100
Battery Integration Connect Point: 13.2 VDC (approx.); 26.4 VDC (approx.)
Battery Disconnect Point: 12.8 VDC (approx.); 25.6 VDC (approx.)
Maximum Continuous Current: 100 amps (100 amp models); 200 amps (200 amp model)
Peak Maximum Current: 400 amps (100 amp models); 600 amps (200 amp model)
Operating Temperature: Control: -40 to +85˚ C; Solenoid: -28 to +48˚ C
Terminals: Battery Connections: 5/16″ copper alloy stud
Dimensions (H x W x D): 3″ x 3.25″ x 2.5″
Weight: 1 lb.