MS-2 FIRE ALARM CONTROL PANEL
The Fire Lite MS-2 Fire Alarm Control Panel brings the latest in microprocessor technology to conventional fire controls. The MS-2 is compatible with the new I3 smoke detectors from System Sensor, and provides such advanced features as drift compensation, maintenance alert, and freeze warning. Automatic synchronization of audio/visual devices is provided, using three selections for manufacturer protocol. The NAC protocol includes the ability to silence audible devices while strobes continue to flash, using only a single pair of wires.
The MS-2 also is compatible with conventional input devices such as two- and four-wire smoke detectors, pull stations, waterflow devices, tamper switches and other normally-open contact devices. See the Fire Lite Device Compatibility Document (Doc. No. 15384) for a complete list of compatible devices.
- Two Style B (Class B) IDCs (Initiating Device Circuits)
- One Style Y (Class B) NAC (Notification Appliance Circuit)
- I3 Technology Features:
- Drift compensation automatically adjusts detector sensitivity and increases resistance to false alarms caused by dust accumulation.
- Maintenance Alert LEDs (per zone) warn of excessive dirt accumulation, preventing false alarms (meets NFPA 72, 7-3.2.1).
- Detector sensitivity is automatically measured by the detector, which automatically adjusts its sensitivity back to the factory settings when it becomes more sensitive due to contaminants settling in the chamber.
- Wireless handheld sensitivity meter eliminates the need for voltemeters, magnets and a physical connection to the detector. The reader displays sensitivity in terms of percent per foot obscuration and provides text status indication.
- Supervisory LED (per zone) provides warning if a detector senses temperature approaching freezing.
- Special test protocol and LED indication allows quick test of all detectors without need for a ladder
- NAC synchronization features:
- Selective Silence feature allows manual silence of horns while strobes continue to flash on the same NAC.
- Silent or Audible Walk Test operation mode commanded from the front keypad, with automatic return to normal after 1 hour of inactivity.
- Alarm verification selectable per zone.
- Each zone may be programmed for supervisory or fire with separate red and yellow LEDs.
- Disable switches provided per zone.
- NACs programmable for:
- Silence Inhibit
- Auto Silence
- Strobe Synchronization
- Control buttons:
- ACK (Acknowledge)
- Alarm Silence
- Zone Enable/Disable (one per zone)
- LED indicators
- Fire Alarm (one per zone)
- Supervisory (one per zone)
- Trouble (one per zone)
- Maintenance (one per zone)
- AC Power
- NAC Disable
- Zone Disable
- NAC Fault
- System Trouble
- Power Trouble
- Alarm Silence
- Earth Fault (on circuit board)
- Battery Fault (on circuit board)
- Charger Fault (on circuit board)
- Piezo sounder for alarm, trouble, supervisory and maintenance.
- Optional plug-in 4XTMF Transmitter module.
- Optional plug-in 4XZMF Zone relay module.
- Optional 4XLMF Transmitter module tor RZA-4XF remote LED annunciator.
Activation of a compatible smoke detector or any normally-open fire alarm initiating device activates audible and visual signaling devices, illuminates an indicating LED, sounds the piezo sounder at the FACP, activates the FACP alarm relay and operates an optional module used to notify a remote station or initiate an auxiliary control function.
AC Power – TB8: 120 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 2.3 amps. Wire size: minimum 14 AWG (2.0 mm2) with 600 V insulation.
Battery (Sealed Lead Acid Only) – J8: Maximum Charging Circuit: Normal flat charge – 27.6 VDC @ 0.8 amp. Maximum Battery Charger Capacity: 18 amp hour battery (two 7 amp hour batteries can be housed in the FACP cabinet.
Larger batteries require a separate battery box such as the Fire Lite BB-17F).
Initiating Device Circuits – TB3: Alarm Zones 1 – 4. Power-limited circuitry. Operation: All zones Style B (Class B). Normal Operating Voltage: Nominal 22 VDC. Alarm Current: 15 mA minimum. Short Circuit Current: 40 mA maximum. Maximum Loop Resistance: 100 ohms. End-of-Line Resistor: 4.7 k OHM, 1/2 watt (P/N 71252). Standby Current: 4 mA. Refer to Fire Lite Device Compatibility Document (Doc. No. 51384) for listed compatible devices.
Notification Appliance Circuits – TB2: Two NACs on MS-4. Power-limited circuitry. Normal Operating Voltage: Nominal 24 VDC. Maximum Signaling Current: 25 amps total with standard transform. 5.0 amps total (2.5 maximum per
NAC) with optional transformer. End-of-Line Resistor: 4.7 k OHM, 1/2 watt (P/N 71252). Refer to Fire-Lite Device Compatibility Document for listed compatible devices.
Form-C Relays: Trouble Relay TB5 (fail-safe). Alarm Relay TB 6. Relay Contact Ratings: 20 amps @ 30 VAC (resistive).
Resettable Power – TB1: Operating Voltage: Nominal 24 VDC. Maximum Available Current: 500 mA – appropriate for powering 4-wire smoke detectors (see NOTES below). Power-limited circuitry.
NOTES: 1) See the Device Compatibility Document (Doc. No. 15384) for listed compatible devices. 2) Total current for nonresettable power, resettable power
and two NACs must not exceed 6 amps for the MS-4 (requires optional second transformer).
Door: 15.342″ (38.97 cm) high x 14.677″ (37.28 cm) wide x 0.375″ (0.95 cm) deep. Backbox: 15.0″ (38.10 cm) high x 14.5″ (36.83 cm) wide x 3.0″ (7.62 cm) deep.
The cabinet can be surface mounted. The door is removable during installation by opening and lifting it off the hinges. The cabinet mounts using two key slots at the top of the backbox and two additional 0.250″ diameter holes at the bottom.
PRODUCT LINE INFORMATION
MS-2: Two zone conventional addressable FACP.
BB-17F: Battery box, required to house two (2) batteries greater than 7 Amp Hour to a maximum of 18 Amp Hour.
DP-MS2/4: Dress panel.