BATTERY SELECTOR SWITCH – Heavy-Duty Diesel Series
• Tough, glass-filled polycarbonate cases and high amp ratings for heavy wear.
• Rated at 360 amps continuous, 600 amps momentary.
• Selector switches permit selection of either battery, both batteries in parallel, or complete disconnect of both batteries.
• On/Off switch is rated at 450 amps continuous, 800 amps momentary.
• All switches feature AFD.
• Cable lug size: 5/8”.
Size: 5-1/2” square x 3-1/2” deep
*Momentary rating is for 5 minutes continuous. UL and competitors use a momentary rating of only 15 seconds.
Heavy-duty battery selector switch
2300A selector switch with remote light connections (light not included)
Heavy-duty On/Off switch
**For non-marine applications. Not Marine UL Listed.
Model #2304A Extra Heavy-Duty Diesel Switch
• Our maximum service switch features tough, glass-filled polycarbonate construction.
• Rated at 600 amps continuous, 1,000 amps momentary.
• Alternator disconnect feature.
Size: 5-1/2” square x 3-1/2”D.
Take a look inside a typical battery switch and you’ll find small, spring-loaded “line contacts” that provide the electrical gateway to your system. These line-contact designs provide a very small conductive area for high current flow, resulting in critical wear, carbon tracking and contact burns over time. At Guest, we understand the key to long, efficient switch life is large contact surface area.
That’s why Guest switches feature an innovative “sweep contact” design, which provides a large, flat surface area for maximum
conductivity and efficiency, without the excessive wear, carbon tracking and contact burns of inferior line-contact designs. All Guest battery switches safely provide positive battery disconnect, isolate all circuits and conform to U.S.C.G. safety standard 183.410 for ignition protection.
Guest Battery Switches Features
• Heavy-duty copper sweep contacts.
• Positive click-stop on all positions.
• Built-in skirt protects connections.
• “Make before break” contacts allow selection of all positions except “off” while engine is running.
• Alternator Field Disconnect (AFD) models allow selection of any position, including “off”, without damage to alternator or electrical system.
• For 6, 12, 24 and 32 volt systems.
• Marine UL Listed.
• Momentary ratings are for five minutes continuous.
• 1-year limited warranty.
Guest ‘Sweep’ Contacts Are Just Better
Guest’s smooth, flat “sweep” contacts provide up to 60% more contact area than inferior line-contact designs. Our contacts are “machined” to guarantee an electrically sound path, while line-contact designs suffer from a lack of matched contact surfaces, leading to arcing and excessive carbon tracking. Guest contacts also provide a unique, self-cleaning sweep every time the switch is used, maintaining a matched contact area for maximum efficiency and long life.